- 52 Years of Honoring Marines by Educating Their Children.
- 2194 Students awarded for the 2014-15 academic year.
- Nearly $90M In value of scholarship funds awarded since 1962.
- 50% Of students are first-generation college students.
- $3K Average scholarship awarded for 2014-2015.
- 86% Graduate from their degree program, more than double the national average.
Israel is a fundamentally important part of the Western world. It is a democracy under fire, and we must be resolute in defense of its legitimacy. Robert AgostinelliThe organisation says this about itself:
Under the leadership of former Spanish Prime Minister José María Aznar a high level group met in Paris in the middle of 2010 to launch a new project in defense of Israel’s right to exist.
This doesn’t have anything to do with finance, and probably wont even get a mention in my work, but understanding the man, might help me understand how that much money can be made… and what to do with it afterwards! – CA
Rhone Group – Preqin Announces the Most Consistent Performing Private Equity Fund Managers in 2014
Now this should help me a lot as Robert is the Managing Director of Rhone. – CAExtract: Key Findings:
- Four buyout managers achieved the best possible score of 1.00: Altor, based in Sweden, and Rhone Capital, Trilantic Capital Partners and Wynnchurch Capital Partners, all of which are based in the US. Rhone Capital and Trilantic Capital Partners are new entries to the league table this year.
- Five venture capital fund managers have achieved the best score of 1.00: Pittsford Ventures Management,Sequoia Capital, Benchmark Capital, OrbiMed Advisors and Union Square Ventures, all of which areheadquartered in the US. Union Square Ventures is a new entry in 2014.
- Only one fund of funds manager has achieved the best average score of 1.00 in 2014: Nordea Private Equity based in Denmark. The manager is advised by North Sea Capital Copenhagen.
Paul’s Sherpa AppealPlease help us support our great friend and C Group supporter on his latest trek up the Himalayan Mountains as he and his team battle the elements to raise awareness and funds for a much needed cause. Paul is a former Royal Marines Mountain Leader and now runs Wilderness Solutions, offering fantastic Adventure Experiences around the globe. Paul has very kindly taken injured Royal Marines with him on these trips, and they find the challenge a huge boost to their recovery, putting themselves out of their comfort zone at a time when they really would rather not. However for this particular trip, Paul, who is on course to reach the Everest Base Camp tomorrow (Thursday 13th Nov) is raising funds for another cause – the Sherpas in the Everest region, who saw 16 men from their community, tragically swept away in an Avalanche in April. All funds raised will go to the women and children left behind, as their survival is far from guaranteed. The Sherpas have supported Britain for centuries and now Paul wants to give something back. Please take a few moments to look at his fundraising page and give what little you can: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/www.wilderness-solutions.co.uk
Posted in The C Group
I found this on the net after some searching. – CAAfter Mr. Obama delivered his second inaugural address week before last, it has been dawning on people that his political strategy is that of the Thunderdome in Mel Gibson’s Mad Max 3 movie: “Two men enter, one man leaves.” He is totally win/lose, the total antithesis of win/win.From Mau-Mau tautology mixed with Marxist ideals inbred from his absent father and a mother enriched in the heresies of the deep left Communism of Frank Marshall Davis, this man has unfurled his true colors.Unbridled by the need to appear moderate for his next campaign, “the One” has declared war on anything or anyone who would stand in the way of his Progressive radical agenda.
Yes, Saul Alinsky’s hand can be seen everywhere along with Chicago thuggery, but there is much more.
The guardian angel of the Progressive school as pronounced by Alinsky is Lucifer – “Rulesfor Radicals” is dedicatedto him — the first pure rebel from God and his natural laws which abuts our Judeo-Christian ethic and are the predicate to our most sacred documents of individual freedom.
It is here that Mr. Obama has taken league and sword to all that would “stand athwart history” and challenge the warped manifest destiny of his twisted manifesto that has driven every socialist tyrant who has ever challenged freedom.
In this school, intolerance is mandatory for it is the front line of the zeal of rearranged utopia. It is unquestioned, for to do so would expose the fault lines and inherent lie for what it is.
Political Correctness is the pincers head of this intolerance. It shreds our values, questions our origins and speaks of a modernity which is a mere veil for the crooked, indeed evil, root of the radical.
Obama bears witness to this blasphemy — from the infamous 2010 State of the Union address where he challenged the Supremes with lie and insult, to the latest excuse for an inauguration speech where he inverted our history deeming the Progressive dream of centralization and role of the government to be the parent and protector of the individual.
Under this thesis the individual rather than free is only “liberated” when he is duly tamed, corrected and led by a higher elite all-knowing body.
Hence the difficulty with God, the Constitution, and of course “those Republicans” who are errant pretenders from the wing span of the new order.
Having been raised to respect the opposition and loath to attribute the most extreme intent of the Obamanistas, Republicans sought to seek common ground and “work ” with the Executive They ignored the evidence and rationalized it as a mere product of a left-leaning exaggeration that could be corrected.
They were negotiating with themselves.
From an intentional defrocking of our nation through a foreign policy of surrender and embracing of our enemies to a domestic policy bent on reordering the relationship of the individual and “our” government, we have been bystanders to a game of which no one wanted to dare affirm its existence.
In his first inauguration speech four years ago, he spoke of “reconciliation” with regard to spending and taxes only, outmaneuvering the gullible minority to extract high tax increases while increasing spending.
Within a breath of that victory, he willed that we had no spending or debt problem but a healthcare problem when every fact contradicts the insanity of Obamacare.
He now twists the concepts of legislative spending with our national debt as if both are undeniable and insulated from reproach. It is a lie. Our national debt service will be paid even if the debt ceiling is held.
The Republicans have one and only one way forward; a fight based on principles and a denial of every crude attempt to usurp our freedom and bankrupt our house.
The clarion call is now. We are out of tomorrows.
Robert F. Agostinelli is co-founder of The Rhone Group, a private equity firm based in Paris, London, and New York. He is listed among “The World’s Billionaires” by Forbes.
Our purposeThe C Group is a Royal Marines charity that inspires business to support Royal Marines in need whilst they are serving, in transition to civilian life and thereafter. We aspire to:
- Support any Royal Marine whose military career has ended prematurely due to injury, however the injury was incurred.
- Support serving and former Royal Marines, their families and dependants who are in conditions of need, hardship or distress.
- Assist serving and former Royal Marines to resettle into civilian life.
- Supporting injured Royal Marines in their transition to civilian life, to pursue challenging and enduring careers in business.
- Providing bespoke, money can’t buy experiences for business, for leadership, team building or pure adrenalin laced recreation.
- Supporting serving and former Royal Marines in Need, creating opportunities to overcome adversity through business networks.
- Connecting the Royal Marines with the Business Community to unify their respective interests and meet future aspirations.
- Recruiting former Royal Marines for the Business Community, at no cost, providing access to exceptional, motivated personnel.
- Delivering exceptional networking and fundraising events to connect the Royal Marines and the Business Community.
Posted in The C Group
Rhone OriginsRhone was established in 1996. It is a global private equity firm with more than €3 billion under management. Rhone focus on private equity investments in market leading businesses with a pan-European or transatlantic presence and expansion prospects.
PhilosophyRhone’s investment philosophy includes the development of strong, strategic partnerships with the companies in which it invests. Rhonee has offices in London and New York and currently holds investments in a diversified portfolio of companies, including investments in the following:
LondonIn 2011, Rhone Group moved from their Knightsbridge office to Mayfair’s 40 Bruton Street, signing a 10-year lease for the top 3 floors covering 8,000 square feet, at £105 per sq ft. This marked the highest rent achieved in the West End.
Extract taken from the Wall Street JournalPrivate-equity firm Rhone Group is nearing a deal to buy packaging manufacturer Ranpak Corp., according to people familiar with the matter. The deal will value Ranpak at roughly $900 million, including debt, and could be announced in coming days, one of the people said. Ranpak, based in Concord Township, Ohio, traces its roots to 1972, and manufactures paper-based packaging for more than 25,000 companies in the electronics, food and beverage, and pharmaceutical industries, among others. The company in May completed the acquisition of Geami Ltd., a smaller rival that makes a paper-based alternative to materials like bubble wrap. Links:
Posted in Rhone Group